Friday, February 12, 2010

My Trak to Get tickets for the Preview for Universal Studios Singapore



From the Den of Bigbearsg




So yesterday when Resorts World Sentosa Announced the previw of Universal Studios Singapore I made up my mind that I need to go early to get the tickets that I wanted. So I got up this morning around 6:30am then about 3 times hitting the snooze button I got up and ready to go at about 7:00am.

As I walked over the MRT Station I was thinking that there was going to be a lot of people wanting the tickets. Since RWS was only going to release 3,000 ticket for each day of the preview from Feb 14th to the 21st. I though they would go very fast and for the Day I wanted which was Sunday the 14th. So off I going on the MRT for the hour plus ride to Sentosa.

So I arrive at Resorts World at about 8:35 after getting breakfast to my surprise no one is in line. So I asked a cast member where to que at. She told me I am the first to arrive that I should just have a seat. I told her no I just like to get into line. So she showed me to the que line and I began  my 2  1/2 hour wait for the ticket sales at 11:18am.

During that 2 1/2 hours I started to get reporter for the Singapore news paper asking me question on why am I waiting for ticket and about the park. Now one of the main question is why would I like to go to the preview if I cant ride any of the rides. I told them that since I know USS is still testing rides that just to be able to see inside the park was enough for me.  Also that I will be able to take a lot of pictures and videos to post to my blog. Then came the tv and radio interviews ok now I know my 15 minutes is up.

Now here are a couple of cool thing that RWS did for use in line waiting. First about an 1/2 hour before the tickets sales started staff with trays full of cold bottles of water came out and handed them out to everyone at NO CHARGE. WOW The Second was Woody, Kong Fu Panda, and Frankenstein came out to visit all of us in line.  
 

So by the time the tickets went on sale there was about 2,000 to 2,500 people waiting. So it was time for the tickets to be sold I was ask to step up to the window with Woody standing next to me and the tv cameras recording the sale. I purchased my ticket for the days I wanted. 

But I think the best part of the whole thing was that a couple of you came up to me and asked if I was Bigbear. Then told me how much you like the Blog and you check it out each day. Thanks You. 

I can't say enough about the Staff at Resort World Sentosa and Universal Studios Singapore they do a get job,are very helpful and  always smiling.









5 comments:

dhana said...

hi! i'm one of your blog followers from Indonesia.

i check it every day to keep an update for USS.

keep up the good work and i'll be waiting for the update on the photos and videos. thank you very much.

MizReeney said...

Yep, saw ur interview on tv. Good one!

How long have u lived in Singapore for? What are you actually doing in Singapore? Maybe for all your fans you could give a bit of bio about urself :)

fabz said...

You were first to get the tickets right? haha, i saw you on the news! :)

fabz said...

You were the first to get the tickets right? haha, I saw you on the news! :)

Unknown said...

Thank for your support of Sentosa Theme Park Blog. I'm from Seattle Washington. I'm retired and have stayed off and on in Singapore for the last 4 year. I having been going to Theme Park most of my life in 1960 my first was Disneyland.

Sentosa Theme Park Blog is an unofficial site and NOT in any way affiliated with the Resorts World at Sentosa or Universal Studios Singapore. For more information go to http://www.rwsentosa.com. If you have any question or suggestions for the site write to HostBigbear@gmail.com. Photos taken by Sentosa Theme Park Blog are copyrighted please do not use without the permission from Sentosa Theme Park Blog.